Speculative design is an approach to design (for) the future. It challenges designers to leave known territories and take steps into the unknown by creating a possible and preferable future. It does so by the introduction of the concept of fictional world building into the design process. It’s like writing the screenplay for a positive episode of ‘Black Mirror’ and designing for it.
In this workshop we translate contemporary and urgent challenges to the near future, build a world around them and create a lo-fi prototype. The tools we use are part of Intervention Design, a new speculative design approach.
Cube design museum in collaboration with Theo Ploeg, ambassador speculative design at Digital Society School and co-founder of Speculative Futures Amsterdam, organize two master classes on 16 July and 13 August 2019 for entrepreneurs and managers who have the courage to design (for) the future!
- 16:00-16:15 Welcome
- 16:15-18:00 Workshop Speculative Futures part 1
- 18:00-18:30 Break + dinner
- 18:30-21:00 Workshop Speculative Futures part 2
- This workshop is being taught in English.
- You can register on 16 July or 13 August 2019.
- Dinner during the break is included in the ticket price.
IMPACT Workshop Speculative Futures by Theo Ploeg
16 juli 2019Dinsdag16:00
13 augustus 2019Dinsdag16:00